Seeing the potential of the unpacked breads industry in the Philippines, Gardenia Bakeries Philippines Inc. decided to put up a bakeshop that resembles those found in small communities and barangays.
Big Smile Bread Station, just like the common Pinoy bakeshop, sells pandesal, pan de coco and ensaymada to cater to the mass market.
Speaking to Entrepreneur Philippines, Gardenia’s Franchise Development Supervisor Myra Nobleza said: “We did market research and we found that for the unpacked breads industry, it has Php10 billion worth of potential.”
“At least 70 percent of that will come from community bakeshops, so that’s the idea,” she added.
Now open for franchising, Big Smile Bread Station offers franchise packages starting at P208,000 to as much as P888,000. Currently, there are three store formats for the Big Smile bakery concepts. This includes six to nine-square-meter carts, nine to 12 square-meter-kiosks and full-scale stores that can be as big as 30 square meters.
Here are some details about franchising.
- Must be willing to conduct store location study
- Must be hardworking, team-player, service-oriented and willing to conduct hands-on business management
- Must be a Filipino citizen, residing within the victim
- Must be financially capable
Location: Recommended location must have heavy pedestrian foot traffic such as terminals, central community area and public markets. The franchisee or the Big Smile acquisition team can propose a site, which will be subject for evaluation.
Capital Investment:ranges from P200,000 to P900,000 depending on size
Minimum Space Requirement: recommended floor area ranges from 6 to 24 square meters depending on store formats
Franchise Term: Renewable after 5 years; 50% of the prevailing franchise fee
- Big Smile representative will conduct store location study.
- Franchise agreement will be carried out before signing of contract.
- Franchisee and employees will undergo basic store operations training.
- Grand opening of branch
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number: 09988682475; 09778306625
Business Address: Gardenia Centre, Star Avenue, LIIP, Binan, Laguna, Philippines