Franchising Guide: Fiorgelato “The Pure Italian Ice Cream”

Managed by the Milkin Corporation, Fiorgelato is the most popular name in the Philippines when it comes to Italian ice cream. The company had its beginnings back in 1989 and has since boomed across the country.

The iconic brand promises its buyers with “pure Italian ice cream made from 100% pure fresh milk” which many among the A and B market have found to be very satisfying. Nowadays, Fiorgelato branches can be found in different locations such as bake shops, coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, schools, and others.

In addition to ice creams, Fiorgelato has also launched FiorCafe and has added coffee in their arsenal.

Franchise Information

Photo credit: PhilStar
Photo credit: PhilStar

For those interested to sign up for a Fiorgelato franchise, here’s the deal.

As of present time, Milkin Corporation offers 3 franchising options namely kiosk type, counter type, and the above-mentioned FiorCafe.

Kiosk Type

If you are targeting mall goers or students, the kiosk type package is most ideal for you. The minimum space requirement for a kiosk would be about 3 to 6 square meters.

The franchise package includes:

  • 1 unit of Fiorgelato freezer
  • 1 set of glass canopy
  • 1 set of counter drawer
  • 1 set of Fiorgelato lighted sign
  • 12 pieces of Tubs (ice cream containers) with aluminum casing
  • 1 set of menuboard
  • 4 pieces of Fiorgelato uniform with logo
  • 1 set of merchandising materials:
  • 1 poster standee
  • 3 container jars
  • 1 tissue holder
  • 2 ice cream scoops
  • 1 set of flavor standee

Counter Type

Also fit for malls and other high-traffic areas is the counter type package which takes up at least 10 to 15 square meters in area. Aside from ice cream, this kind of package allows you to serve affogato and coffee.

You will get:

  • 1 unit of Fiorgelato freezer
  • 1 set of glass canopy
  • 1 set of counter drawer
  • 1 set of Fiorgelato lighted sign
  • 12 pieces of Tubs (ice cream containers) with aluminum casing
  • 1 set of menuboard
  • 4 pieces of Fiorgelato uniforms with logo
  • 1 set of merchandising materials:
  • 1 poster standee
  • 3 container jars
  • 1 tissue holder
  • 2 ice cream scoops
  • 1 set of flavor standee
  • 2 pieces of tables
  • 8 pieces of chairs
  • 1 set of back cabinet with sink
  • 1 unit of personal refrigerator
  • 1 u nit of back-up freezer
  • 2 units of blender
  • 2 set of railings

FiorCafe “Co-Brand”

If your main market is the coffee lovers, then this is your best bet. For this package, you will need an area of around 15 to 20 square meters. You will be able to offer your customers with other food products such as gourmet coffee, pasta, pastries, and more.

This package type includes:

  • 1 unit of Fiorgelato freezer
  • 1 set of glass canopy
  • 1 set of Fiorgelato or Fiorcafe logo and name lighted sign
  • 12 pieces of Tubs / gallons (ice cream containers) with aluminum casing
  • 1 set of menuboard with beam
  • 6 pieces of co-branding uniform
  • 1 set of merchandising materials
  • 4 pieces of tables
  • 16 pieces of chairs
  • 1 set of cabinet with sink and drawers
  • 2 units of blender
  • 2 sets of railings with post and logo sign
  • 1 set of smallwares
  • 1 unit of espresso machine
  • 1 unit of coffee grinder
  • 1 unit of coffee brewer with double decanter
  • 1 unit of waterpump for espresso machine
  • 1 unit of milk thermometer
  • 1 unit of display chiller
  • 1 unit of oven toaster
  • 1 unit of microwave
  • 1 unit of two door worktop chiller

Franchising Details

Photo credit: Tumblr
Photo credit: Tumblr

To sign up of any of these Fiorgelato franchises, you need to pay at least 70% of the total fee upon contract signing and then pay the remaining 30% upon package set-up.

The franchise lasts for 5 years which starts the day you sign the contract. For renewal, you will have to pay 30% of the franchise fee for another 5 years.

All you have to do is to send a letter of intent along with your resume a location map (with description and photos). For more information, you may contact them via (02)524-0384 or email them at milkin_mktg@yahoo.com and kiosk1263@yahoo.com. You can also check out their official website at www.fiorgelato.com.