Do you want to beat the summer heat and earn extra money at the same time?
Many Pinoys opt to treat themselves with ice candies particularly during summer season. It’s a cheaper but equally delicious and refreshing alternative to branded ice creams that is highly sellable in the sari-sari stores, schools, fresh markets, mini groceries or any public place with lots of foot traffic. It’s also being peddled by street vendors in the neighborhood.
If you want a business with low capital and has the potential to become an instant hit this hot season, you should consider putting up a home-based ice candy business. It’s a relatively lucrative business in this tropical country that a Pinoy couple with a capital of only P20 became multi-millionaires after starting an ice candy business which mainly targeted public schools, canteens and carinderias.
Here’s a simple and delicious recipe that can produce 200 pieces of ice candies.
- 7 liters of water
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 2 cups corn or cassava starch dissolved in 1.5 liters of water
- 1 3/4 kilos of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- desired flavoring such as chocolate, buko, strawberry, mango or pineapple
- 200 pcs 1 1/4 x 10 ice candy wrapper
- Place 7 liters of water in a big pot then bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and salt. Mix well until it becomes fully dissolved.
- Add powdered milk and dissolved corn or cassava starch into the boiling water. Stir this very well to prevent lump formation.
- Boil for 8 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Allow it to cool for a few hours.
- After cooling, you may now add your desired flavoring.
- Pack in the ice candy wrappers then freeze until fully frozen.
- How to Be a Reseller of Professional Skin Care Formula (PSCF) by Dr. Alvin - September 21, 2017
- SUCCESS STORY OF EHJE’S PEANUT BUTTER: Instinct Pushes Pinay Entrepreneur to Turn Peanuts to Riches - September 20, 2017
- 10-Year-Old Boy Sells Cottage Cheese to Support His Family - September 18, 2017