Do you have plans to start a gaming company in the Philippines?
The gaming industry is worth billions and is now much larger than Hollywood! So, it’s easy to see why a number of gamers have turned to this niche to earn money. There’s money in the gaming industry if you know where to look.
Opening a Gaming Company
To open a gaming company, you have to first decide what type of company to open. Find business ideas for gamers to get you started.
Then, you can begin the steps to start a gaming business.
It’s always a good idea to find a nice name for your business – and make sure it’s catchy and easy to remember.
Costs of Opening a Gaming Company
The following are the estimated costs of opening a gaming company:
For Vloggers, Professional Tipsters and Tutors, and Production Company
- One PC – Php50,000 or up
- Gaming chair – Php5,000 or up
- Cameras, lights, headset, microphones, etc. – Php20,000 or up
- Game licenses – Php2,000 or up (the more games you’ll feature, the more you’ll have to pay)
- Business licenses and other government requirements – Php4,000 or up
- Internet connection – around Php2,000
So, you’ll have to shell out at least Php83,000 to open this type of business. Note that these are only the basic costs. Some gaming computers can go as high as Php300,000 or more! Some gaming chairs even cost Php200,000 or more, so be prepared to invest more money.
Of course, you don’t need state-of-the-art equipment to start your business, so you can begin even with what you have on hand.
For Video Game Reality Show
- The costs above
- Prize money, depending on how much you are offering
For Video Gaming Café
- The costs above
- Costs of additional computers and equipment
Note that you’ll need a faster internet connection if you’re opening a video gaming café. Internet service providers offer package deals for businesses, but this could cost you at least another Php5,000 per month.