If you plan on opening a business, you have to understand that there are risks involved in entrepreneurship. But those who do have the money to invest also know that it is best to choose a well-known brand if you are planning to franchise.
The Petron Bulilit Station is an excellent alternative for those who want to franchise a gas station with just two or three product pumps. But if you want to own the regular gas station with many products to offer, then the Petron Gas and Service Station is for you.
With Petron supplying 40% of the fuel needs in the Philippines, it is the largest oil refining and marketing company in the country. This also means that you don’t really have to do a lot of advertising when you open a franchise with the brand – because the brand speaks for itself.
Because the company does have a reputation to keep, it also screens all franchise applicants thoroughly to ensure that they meet the brand’s criteria. Prospective dealers need to possess a certain level of experience to be considered – and must also pass the eligibility criteria.
Photo credit: Car Guide
Prospective dealers should meet the following criteria:
- Have money for the franchise investment amounting to Php1 million to Php9 million, depending on what type of station you are planning to franchise.
- Has a clean record
- Can dedicate most of his/her time in running the franchised station
- Must have the drive to be the number one in the trading area, not just to operate a service station
- Should be willing to undergo a 4-week dealer management course
- Should not be an owner of another Petron station or any other oil company.
Complete the dealer application form and prepare the business plan. Because the initial screening process will be based on your application letter, make sure to provide everything that is needed in the papers.
Choose which option to franchise
- Company-Owned Service Stations (COSS) are built and maintained by Petron; this offers the largest, most complete option but requires a capital of Php4 million to Php9 million
- Dealer Owned Service Stations (DOSS) are typically smaller stations built and financed by the dealer
- Petron Bulilit or Micro Filling Stations (MFS) are very small stations built by the dealer, then financed and equipped by Petron
Submit your application to the following:
For Luzon Applicants:
Network Expansion Group – Luzon Reseller
Mailing Address: Ground Floor, San Miguel Corp. (SMC) Head Office Complex, 40 San Miguel Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1150
Tel. No.: (02) 884-9251
For Visayas and Mindanao Applicants:
Network Expansion Group – VisMin Reseller
Mailing Address: Petron Corp. Mandaue Terminal, Looc, Mandaue City
Tel. No.: (32) 3447341 to 44 loc. 50158
Wait for a call from Petron. There’s no need to follow up your application as all applicants will be informed whether they pass or fail the initial screening, shares Pinoy Money Talk.
- Teresita Sy-Coson: From ‘Shoe Seller’ at 8 to One of Asia’s Richest Billionaires - September 14, 2023
- Jose Mari Chan Isn’t Just a Singer, He’s Also a Successful Businessman - September 3, 2023
- Businessman Rendon Labador’s TikTok Account Permanently Deleted, Gets Mixed Reactions - August 31, 2023