Western Union is the leading financial service and money transfer company in the world. In fact, the word ‘Western Union’ has long been associated with money transfer services that one person could sad, “OK, I’ll Western Union it to you” and the other person would understand what he means.
The company has been in operation since 1851. It was founded in the United States but has spread out across the world, operating in over 200 countries with more than 500,000 agent locations.
There are plenty of advantages in opening a Western Union business:
- 24-hour customer service
- Best in-class compliance program
- Free marketing and sales starter pack
- Free money transfer software update
- Free training
- No investment and annual fees
What’s great about Western Union is that the business can easily co-exist with other services you might already be offering at your store. This would be a perfect addition to an existing business, such as a convenience store, travel agency, pawnshop, or just about any business that could make use of additional revenue streams.
Take note that there are specific licenses that must be complied and the business will be regulated, particularly Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance procedures. Thankfully, Western Union has an industry-leading AML program and will provide first-class training and support to help you succeed as an agent.
How to Franchise Western Union in the Philippines
It is actually easy to franchise Western Union in the Philippines or any other location for that matter. All you have to do is fill out an online form at the Agent Portal for Western Union. If you pass the initial screening, a sales agent from the company will call you.
You may also contact Western Union customer service hotline for free through these numbers:
- 02 888 1200 (for calls within Metro Manila)
- 1-800-1-888-1200 (toll-free nationwide via PLDT)
- 1-800-9-888-1200 (toll-free nationwide via Globe Lines)
- Carinderia in Tondo Goes Viral for Delicious Food, Inspiring Owners - February 17, 2024
- Business Lessons & Tips from Mr. Wilson P. Tan - February 8, 2024
- Cool Trivia About Mateo Lorenzo (Husband of Erich Gonzales) - January 31, 2024