Beefing up the available modes of public transportation, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will allow 6,002 traditional jeepneys to resume operations for as long as they are ‘roadworthy’ and will only carry 50 percent of their maximum passenger capacity.
The LTFRB releases Memorandum Circular 2020-026 providing guidelines for the operations of traditional public utility jeepneys (PUJ) during the period of general community quarantine in Metro Manila.
Under the memorandum circular, the LTFRB identified 49 routes where PUJs with an appropriate franchise and are currently registered ‘roadworthy’ with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and with valid Personal Passenger Insurance Policy can operate.
The identified routes are as follows:
- T102 Camarin – Novaliches
- T103 Karuhatan – Ugong
- T104 Malabon – Monumento via Letre
- T105 Malabon (TP) – Navotas (TP)
- T107 Monumento – Navotas via Letre
- T205 Cubao – Proj. 4 via J.P. Rizal
- T206 Cubao – San Juan via N. Domingo
- T208 IBP Road – Lupang Pangako via Gravel Pit Road
- T209 Marikina – Pasig
- T210 Pantranco – Proj. 2 & 3 via Kamuning
- T211 Proj. 2 & 3 – Q Mart
- T212 Sucat-Highway – Bagumbayan
- T213 Ayala – Pateros via JP Rizal
- T215 Marikina – Pateros via Pasig
- T301 A. Boni – A. Mabini via 10th Ave
- T302 A. Bonifacio – D Tuazon/E. Rodriguez Ave.
- T303 A. Rivera – Raon via Severino Reyes
- T305 Ayala – Mantrade via Pasong Tamo
- T306 Ayala – Washington
- T309 Balic-Balic – Quiapo via Lepanto
- T310 Balic-Balic – Bustillos via G. Tuazon
- T311 Balic-Balic – Espana/M. Dela Fuente
- T312 Balintawak – Frisco
- T313 Balut – Blumentritt
- T314 Blumentritt – North Harbor via Divisoria
- T316 Boni – Kalentong JRC via Boni Avenue
- T317 Dian – Libertad
- T318 Divisoria – Gastambide via Morayta
- T320 Divisoria – Pier North via Plaza Moriones
- T321 Divisoria – Quiapo via Evangelista
- T322 Evangelista – Libertad
- T323 Divisoria – Velasquez
- T324 Guadalupe Market – L. Guinto via Pasig Line
- T326 L. Guinto – Sta. Ana
- T327 Herbosa/Pritil – P. Guevarra via Tayuman
- T328 Kalentong/JRC – P. Victorino via P. Cruz
- T330 Divisoria – Sta. Cruz via San Nicolas
- T331 Kayamanan C – PRC via Pasong Tamo
- T332 L. Guinto – Zobel Roxas via Paco
- T333 Lardizabal – Rizal Ave. via M. Dela Fuente
- T334 Lealtad – Quiapo (Barbosa) via Lepanto
- T335 Kalentong/JRC – Libertad (Mandaluyong) Nueve de Pebrero
- T336 Kalentong/JRC – Namayan via Vergara
- T338 North Harbor – Quiapo via Evangelista
- T340 P. Faura – San Andres
- T343 Quezon Ave. – Sta. Mesa Market via Araneta Avenue
- T344 Crame – San Juan via Pinaglabanan
- T401 Alabang – Sucat via M.L. Quezon
- T402 Soldiers Hill (Phase IV) – Talon via Alvarez
There is no need for a special permit for these PUJs. However, they are required to secure a QR code which is available for download at www.ltfrb.gov.ph.
Conditions for Operations
Prior to dispatch, operators must ensure that their drivers are fit to work by checking their body temperature and screening or detecting any symptoms of COVID-19. Should a driver showed symptoms of COVID-19, he or she shall be prohibited to work and shall subject himself to quarantine immediately.
They shall also disinfect their units and install an impermeable barrier to seal off the driver’s compartment and between seats that are less than one seat apart. Furthermore, operators must also put markings on the seat that the passengers can occupy.
Standing passengers and overloading shall not be allowed.
During operation, drivers shall wear masks and gloves at all times. Commuters shall also wear masks and shall not be allowed to board if they are not wearing one.
Thermal scanning and footbath with disinfectant must be provided at the terminals or at the vehicle step board prior to the boarding of passengers and dispatch of the unit. Operators and drivers may devise any fare collection system that would prevent or minimize the transmittal of COVID-19. It is also preferred that passengers give an exact fare.
To facilitate contact tracing when the need arises, drivers or conductors shall provide each passenger with a Passenger Contact Form upon boarding. Likewise, passengers shall take note of the plate number of the PUJs they rode, date and time they boarded, and the route they took