Do you have plans to open a pet supplies business? Here are some tips for you to consider.
Running a Pet Supplies Business
1. Research Your Target Market
Have you decided on the best business to open for pet lovers? These businesses can be profitable, but that depends on your target market.
In opening a pet supplies business, you have to understand that most Filipinos don’t actually splurge on grooming supplies for their pets. But it’s good to stock up on food and food bowls, chains and leashes, and treats.
Ask yourself, what do pet owners in your locality enjoy doing and might from time to time?
If many of them love to travel with their pets, you can also make sure you have stocks for animal crates or even backpacks that they can use to carry their fur babies while going out for a walk.
2. Choose an Accessible Location (Best with Parking Space)
Location is very important, particularly if your target market loves to bring their pets along. It’s always a good idea to pick a store in an area with high foot traffic but has parking space for your customers.
3. Plan on Diversifying Your Products and Services
While the pet supplies mentioned above are a staple in most shops, it’s also a good idea to diversify your products and services.
You don’t have to focus on just dogs and cats, because many people also have other pets, such as hamsters, fish, guinea pigs, rabbits, birds, and snakes or other reptiles.
Again, it goes back to identifying your target market and providing them with what they need.
4. Hire Reliable Staff and Be Consistent
When it comes to business, consistency and reliability are very important. Your customer needs to feel that they can rely on your shop for help whenever they need something.
Cool Stuff to Sell At Your Pet Supplies Shop
Aside from the basic pet supplies, here are some cool stuff you can offer your customers:
- Dog calming bed
- Dog donut bed
- Cat climbing tree
- Cat bridges
- Dog toothpaste
- Automatic ball launcher for dogs
- Automatic treat dispenser
- Pet snack puzzle board
- Portable water bottle for dogs
- Automatic water fountain
- Dog trampoline
- Customizable cat beds (wall-mounted options available)
- Table top toys for training birds
- Cat activity center
- Cat scratching post with cool designs (such as a cactus)
- Guide to Registering Your SIM Card (It’s for Free!) - December 15, 2022
- Siblings Find Luck, Earn Six Figures Selling Corndogs (after Numerous Failed Businesses) - December 12, 2022
- Salon Owner Shares Inspiring Rags-to-Riches Story in House Photos - December 11, 2022