Because of our natural skin color and our consistent exposure to the sun almost all year round, Filipinos are obsessed in getting lighter skin. From using whitening soaps to taking glutathione capsules and even injectables, Filipino consumers are willing to do everything just to achieve a fair skin tone.
Various brands of glutathione soaps are available in many supermarkets, groceries and drug stores all over the country but Filipinos just can’t get enough of them. Even if you think the market is saturated with this product, there is a high chance that you can get your fair share in the market.
Here’s a simple procedure on how to make glutathione soap.
- hand mixer
- small containers
- 13.2 x 16.7-inch mold
- 60 ml titanium dioxide
- 60 ml sodium silicate
- 3 ml antibacterial liquid
- 3 ml phenoxy ethanol (preservative)
- 60 ml castor oil
- 60 ml cocodiethanolamide (CDEA)
- 60 ml kamias extract
- 3.2 liters lye solution
- 60 ml evaporated milk
- 6 kg coconut oil
- 12 pcs glutathione capsles
- 100 ml fragrance
- 60 ml apple extract
- 4 liters distilled water
1. Dissolve 60 grams titanium dioxide in 1.5 liters of water and 1 kilo caustic soda in 2.5 liters of water to make your lye solution.
2. To make kamias extract, ferment 1 kilo of kamias fruit in a jar with 2 tablespoons of salt. You may get the extract after 24 hours. Strain it then transfer to another container.
3. To make the apple extract, slice one apple and use a blender to crush it. Remove impurities by straining the extract using a piece of cheesecloth.
4. Put the ingredients in individual containers and label them properly. You may put the coconut oil on the pail directly.
5. Remove the glutathione powder from the capsules. Mix it with the coconut oil until it becomes fully dissolved.
6. You may know pour the following ingredients into the mixture in the following order:
1. sodium silicate
4. kamias extract
5. apple extract
7. titanium dioxide
9. anti-bacterial liquid
7. Pour the lye solution gradually to the mixture and mix continuously in one direction. You will notice a change in consistency and color of the mixture. Keep on mixing until it achieves the consistency of condensed milk.
8. Pour the mixture into the mold. Make sure to cover the the mold’s hollow parts with plastic cutouts.
9. Level and smoothen the top portion of the mixture using a scraper.
10. Once it becomes smooth, set it aside for five hours to cure.
11. Even if the soap has already hardened after about 5 hours, don’t remove it from the mold. Allow it to cool until the following day.
12. Cut the bar into about 60 pieces.
13. Smoothen the edges of the soap.
14. You may use it after 24 hours.
15. Package and label the soap properly.