Beef Pares is a popular street food in the Philippines. Usually sold in food carts, it serves as a quick good meal for some.
Beef pares is like asado; because it is sweet, some people also mistake it with sweetened adobo. It is actually stewed beef brisket that is sweetened by star anise, ginger, and a little sugar used for its recipe.
A special container is needed if you want to start selling beef pares; you can look for it in Quiapo or Divisoria or your local market even.
The container looks like a taho container, but the big portion for the soy is usually used for the hot soup, while the smaller portions are used for the pares itself. These containers are usually attached to bicycles for easy accessibility for those who sell a few streets away from their home.
Here is a simple recipe for beef pares you can start with:
- 1 kg beef sirloin cubes or beef kenchi
- 1 minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 inch julienned ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 star anise
- 1 chicken cube
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Procedure for Beef Pares:
- Boil the beef cubes until they are tender.
- Set aside the beef and reserve the broth.
- In a pan, sauté the ginger, onion, and garlic.
- Add the boiled beef cubes and cook for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of soy sauce.
- Add 1 cup of the beef broth, chicken cube and the star anise, let boil.
- Add 2 tbsp. of sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and let simmer until the sauce thickens.
The beef pares meals that are sold in the streets are usually accompanied by pares mami. To include this in your menu if you want to start selling beef pares, here are what you will need:
First, to make the soup, you just boil beef neck bones and let simmer for 2 hours. This will be the soup for your pares mami.
Second, you’ll need round Miki noodles. You can already prepare this in separate serving portions for easy preparation.
Third, in a bowl, arrange a serving of the Miki noodles along with a serving of beef pares. Top it with chopped scallions, egg, and toasted garlic. Pour the hot soup.
Last, serve and enjoy!
- 5 Lessons That Hui Mathews Learned When Her Startup Failed - March 27, 2018
- 7 Business Ideas For Pet Lovers - March 15, 2018
- 12 Arts And Crafts Related Business Ideas To Make Money Out Of Your Talents - March 5, 2018