Fried chicken is a universal favorite – this is the reason why almost all restaurants and carinderias offer this item on the menu! So, if you are planning your menu offerings for your home-based food business, you can never go wrong with including fried chicken on the menu.
To ensure that your customers will love your fried chicken, make sure that not only do you choose a delicious recipe, each chicken piece should be well cooked and moist on the inside while staying crispy on the outside.
Fast food chains often get this perfected by cooking new batches every few minutes but such might be impossible for your small-time carinderia business. What you can do is to let the cooked fried chicken drain on a wire rack before serving so the excess oil would not make the breading soggy. Also, do not drain on paper towels!
Here’s a good recipe for tasty fried chicken from Panlasang Pinoy:
- 3 to 4 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces (or you can pick just the drumsticks)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ tablespoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup cooking oil
- Combine the spices with the salt in a mixing bowl.
- Rub the mixture on all the chicken pieces and cover the mixing bowl. Put in the fridge for around 3 to 5 hours.
- Cover the chicken pieces entirely with flour.
- Deep fry in medium heat for 20 minutes, making sure to turn the chicken pieces every 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire and drain on a wire rack for 10 minutes before transferring to the serving plate.
- For best results, serve with banana ketchup or atchara.
- If you are using frozen chicken, ensure to thaw this thoroughly before cooking or else you’ll end up having raw parts on the inside.
- Use neutral tasting oil like vegetable or canola oil. Olive oil is not just expensive, it can also result in a bitter taste when used for deep frying chicken.
- Use only low to medium heat when cooking this recipe. High heat can help you cook your fried chicken faster but will only result in crispy skins with still raw insides!
- You can also choose to dip the chicken pieces on scrambled egg first before adding flour. For best results, add breading mix after mixing in flour.
- Guide to Registering Your SIM Card (It’s for Free!) - December 15, 2022
- Siblings Find Luck, Earn Six Figures Selling Corndogs (after Numerous Failed Businesses) - December 12, 2022
- Salon Owner Shares Inspiring Rags-to-Riches Story in House Photos - December 11, 2022