Maja blanca is a traditional Filipino dessert served in fiestas, holidays and even in special occasions like birthdays and family gatherings. Made from coconut milk, cornstarch and sugar, this sweet treat known for its creaminess is also called Coconut Pudding.
People planning to set up a home-based food business can try making this delicacy. You don’t need to be rocket scientist to make maja blanca. All you need to do is follow this very simple recipe we prepared for you.
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 14 ounces of condensed milk
- 3/4 cup of fresh milk
- 3/4 cup of cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp of toasted grated coconut
- 15 ounces of whole sweet kernel corn
- In a cooking pot, pour the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Put sugar, condensed milk and whole sweet kernel corn. Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and the fresh milk. Whisk until the cornstarch is diluted.
- Add the resulting cornstarch and fresh milk mixture into the cooking pot. Stir thoroughly.
- Stir the mixture until it reaches your preferred consistency. See to it that you stir the mixture continuously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray. Flatten the top using a wooden spatula.
- Let the mixture cool down. Refrigerate after an hour.
- You can now garnish it with toasted grated coconut or you may top it with latik or cheese.
- Slice into desired sizes.
Note: This recipe yields 8 servings. You may wish to sell them in slices or by tray.
To jumpstart your business, try bringing samples of maja blanca during family gatherings or office affairs so your potential customers can have a taste test. Once you capture their taste buds, your maja blanca will eventually sell like hotcakes.
- How to Be a Reseller of Professional Skin Care Formula (PSCF) by Dr. Alvin - September 21, 2017
- SUCCESS STORY OF EHJE’S PEANUT BUTTER: Instinct Pushes Pinay Entrepreneur to Turn Peanuts to Riches - September 20, 2017
- 10-Year-Old Boy Sells Cottage Cheese to Support His Family - September 18, 2017