YouTube is one of the biggest social media platforms today, with many self-made celebrities starting from the platform. Aside from celebrities, businesses, mentors and even political leaders use the platform to gain more audience, thus celebrating more popularity in the form of likes, comments, and a number of views.
These people have earned a massive audience thanks to creating content about various topics, from teaching, entertaining, reviewing products and services, and a whole lot more! You can even find people showing helpful how-to’s ranging from “how to add music to your video” to “setting up your garden.” The ideas and content you can bring to YouTube are endless!
The high number of views directly impacts the opportunities to earn money on YouTube. Because of their audience and high engagement, the channels’ owners get an excellent chance to monetize their videos. So, are you interested in doing the same? Read on as we share tips on generating revenue via YouTube.
The YouTube Partner Program
The YouTube Partner Program lets you monetize your videos directly on the platform. But of course, not everyone can do it immediately. You will need to surpass requirements, allowing you to earn advertising revenue. Look carefully at the list of the most essential tasks you should complete before you start advertising.
Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash
Here are the requirements to pass:
- You must link a Google AdSense account to your YouTube account
- You must be from an eligible area
- You must have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Your videos must abide by the platform’s advertising guidelines, meaning they need to have accumulated over 4,000 valid public hours within the past year.
After meeting the requirements, you may apply for the program by clicking your profile’s “Monetization” section. Once you pass, you can earn money on YouTube through advertisements, membership perks, and other features like Super Chat.
You won’t get paid per video view, but you are paid whenever someone watches or clicks on advertisements shown before or after your video. The payment will vary, but you can expect to earn around $18 for every 1,000 advertisement views, which translates to an average of $3-5 per 1,000 video views.
This method is one of the most practical methods to follow when monetizing YouTube traffic, especially if you’re interested in posting product reviews.
Photo by Matthew Osborn on Unsplash
Becoming a YouTube affiliate marketer is another fantastic way to earn from the platform. You can earn a lot from it if you create engaging content that makes people want to purchase the products you review. You can film “How To’s,” “Product Reviews,” “Unboxing,” or “Best Of” videos, the list goes on!
To become an affiliate marketer, you can follow these general steps:
- Find companies and sellers with affiliate programs you can join, like Amazon Associates.
- Apply to join their affiliate programs, and once you’re accepted, you will create customized links to products you will feature in videos.
- Review, demonstrate, or reference the products in your videos, pasting the affiliate marketing link in the YouTube description box upon uploading. Remember to let viewers know you are affiliated with the brands featured.
- For every click and purchase of the product you linked, you get a commission.
Getting brand deals is another kind of affiliate marketing. Companies interested in you and your target audience may reach out to you to sponsor your videos and offer product placement deals for shoutouts or reviews.
Note that sponsored content will only present itself after developing a good following. When your channel grows, you may contact brands or be contacted by them for sponsored content. Brand deals may have you receive lump-sum payments, commission for every sale, or X-deals, where you receive the product or service for free. Note that you will need to notify YouTube that you are doing a paid promotion on your video before uploading it.
If affiliate marketing doesn’t work for you, you can create and sell your own products, services, or merchandise! It can be through selling physical products or downloadables like eBooks and virtual classes. That said, note that this route may be more time-consuming, but you get to earn more than affiliate marketing as the product/service owner.
A content creator earning a living on YouTube isn’t the easiest job. However, it can be fulfilling and result in steady income if you offer informative videos and have a great marketing strategy. So, follow the tips mentioned above and reach your goals as a content creator now!
- Financial crimes in South East Asia are being dealt with by Advanced Crime Analytics solutions - March 22, 2023
- Forex Currency Pairs to Work with in 2023 - February 22, 2023
- 4 Training Tips for Your New Employees - February 2, 2023