A water refilling station is a promising and profitable business in the Philippines since clean drinking water is a basic need and is in demand in various parts of the country. Although it is considered labor-intensive, the business is relatively easy to run even for first-time entrepreneurs.
You may opt to franchise or put up your very own water refilling station. Here are some tips to launch your water refilling station business.
1. Create a business plan.
Make an outline of your business’ identity, vision, brand values, goals and how it will be operated to become successful. This will help you keep your focus in your business’ direction.
2. Look for a supplier.
Look for a number of water refilling equipment supplier and compare their products and prices. If possible, ask them for a feasibility study so that you will know how much will be your total investment for the water refilling station business. Keep in mind that cheap equipment may not last that long so it will be best to pick quality products fit to your budget.
3. Pick the right location.
Select a location that will be near and visible to your target market. Choose a site that is heavy in foot traffic such as places near hospitals, clinics, offices, schools, subdivisions as well as high-rise buildings. You may ask your supplier to evaluate the place for the best layout and design of your water station.
4. Hire the right people.
You will be needing staff in the water refilling station as well as a delivery man. Although you may start with just two employees, you may be needing more in the future depending on your customers’ demands. Make sure to hire hardworking and easy-to-train staff as they will highly influence the success of your business.
5. Register your business and get permits.
Make your business legal by registering its name to the nearest Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) office in your area. Afterwards, apply for a business permit in your local municipal or city office. Because of the nature of your business, your municipal office may require you to submit the following:
- physical, chemical and bacteriological water analysis of potability
- building and electrical plan signed by a sanitary engineer
- other common legal requirements when applying for a building permit
Finally, you can get your form 0506 from the BIR in order to print your receipts.
- How to Be a Reseller of Professional Skin Care Formula (PSCF) by Dr. Alvin - September 21, 2017
- SUCCESS STORY OF EHJE’S PEANUT BUTTER: Instinct Pushes Pinay Entrepreneur to Turn Peanuts to Riches - September 20, 2017
- 10-Year-Old Boy Sells Cottage Cheese to Support His Family - September 18, 2017