Parties nowadays, whether it’s birthday, baptism, debut or wedding party, wouldn’t be complete without cupcakes. While it will certainly not replace the role of traditional cakes during parties, cupcakes make good dessert as well as giveaways in events.
But in order to standout in this industry, your cupcakes must be delicious and unique. Themed parties are in trend these days so you must be able to come up with different cupcake decorations as well as themes depending on the event. It will also be helpful to learn to make a variety of flavors but chocolate cupcake still remains a favorite among many party-goers.
If you wish to launch your own home-based cupcake business, here’s a simple and easy chocolate cupcake recipe you can use.
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 6 to 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line with paper liners or lightly butter 16 muffin cups.
- Put boiling water and cocoa powder in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in the bowl of your hand or electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with batter then bake for about 16 to 20 minutes or until risen. It should be springy to touch and a toothpick inserted into it must come out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place in a wire rack to cool.
- You may now frost with icing once the cupcakes have completely cooled. Use a small spatula or a piping to spread the frosting on cupcakes.
- While cupcakes are best served the day they are made, you may cover and store them for a few days.
Procedure (butter cream frosting):
- Mix the butter until smooth and creamy using an electric mixing bowl or electric mixer.
- Add milk, 4 cups of sugar and vanilla on low speed mix until combined.
- Add two more cups of sugar on low speed until it becomes light and fluffy. Check f you need to add the remaining two cups of sugar.