Chocolate cake is among the top favorite cake flavors in the world – and you will rarely see a bakery without a chocolate cake or some variant displayed for customers to enjoy. Because chocolate cake is a huge favorite among customers, it would be a good idea for you to learn how to bake it.
We’re sharing a recipe for moist chocolate cake here for you to try. Feel free to add some nuts into the batter or use various fillings to transform your cake into something special for your customers.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °
- Line the baking pan with oil or wax paper.
- Dissolve the powdered coffee in a cup of hot water. Set aside.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt unto a large bowl. Add sugar and mix well using a mixer.
- Add the milk, vanilla, egg, and oil. Mix.
- Add the hot coffee mixture. Instead of using an electric mixer/beater, use a spoon to scoop mix the batter. Add the nuts.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake in the middle rack for 35-40 min.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before transferring to the cake platter.
Now that you’ve baked your cake, you are now ready to decorate it as you wish or based on the customer’s order. You can use chocolate ganache, boiled icing, royal icing, fondant, or sieved sugar on your cake.
If you are new at this bakery business, we suggest you practice preparing various icings and decorating the cakes before you launch your cake shop. Don’t forget to take pictures of your final creations and your customers’ orders to serve as reference for future orders.