You’ve probably heard about Pag-IBIG MP2 and have questions in mind. This article will guide you through some of the basics of Pag-IBIG MP2, such as how to apply and its benefits. We also made a FAQ section to answer some of the common questions about it.
What is Pag-ibig MP2?
It’s a special savings facility where Pag-IBIG members can put in their money with a maturity of 5 years and, in return, earn high dividends. Pag-IBIG uses at least 70% of its annual net income proportionately as dividends, which means the more money you put in, the higher the dividend you will earn.
- Government-regulated, meaning your money is secured
- Dividends are tax-free.
- You can open an account for as low as P500, and just continue depositing monthly.
- It’s one of the best investment options for beginners.
- There’s also no limit on how much money you want to put in.
How to apply
- You can do it online via Virtual Pag-IBIG and create an account. You’ll be issued an MP2 Savings account number. This is the number that you’ll be using to deposit your money.
- You can also visit any Pag-IBIG Fund branch to ask for an enrolment form and submit it there immediately. Once you have your number, you can start saving!
How do I put in savings?
There are many convenient ways you can put money into your MP2 Savings account. Here are the following:
- Payroll deduction – Let your company’s Human Resources (HR) automatically deduct from your salary and remit it to your MP2 account.
- Online: You can open your virtual Pag-IBIG account and transfer money using PayMaya eWallet, GCash eWallet, or any debit or credit card powered by Visa, Mastercard, or JCB. You can also save through Moneygment App via Cashpinas Coins.ph via Bayad and PayMaya.
- Over-the Counter:
Any Pag-IBIG Fund branch
Asia United Bank
United Coconut Planters’ Bank
SM Business Centers
ECPay accredited merchants
For those aboard, you can read more at MP2 Savings account for OFWs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much can I earn?
The dividends change every year based on Pag-IBIG Fund’s financial performance and etc. But the MP2 Savings dividend rates have been consistently higher compared to other traditional banks. In 2021, the dividend rate was 6%, while in 2020 it was 6.12%. In 2017 and 2018, they had a record-high dividend rate of 8.11% and 7.41%, respectively.
Can I withdraw my dividends before 5 years?
Yes, you can withdraw your money anytime. But the longer you keep it, the dividends will compound each year. So, the longer you keep it, you get to earn more.
Who can qualify?
- Active Pag-IBIG Fund members, regardless of monthly income
- Former Pag-IBIG members with other sources of monthly income
- Pensioners, regardless of age, who have paid at least 24 monthly Pag-IBIG I contributions before retirement
Hope this guide helped you in learning about MP2 Savings. For more details, visit the Pag-IBIG website.