If you’re looking forward to diversifying your investment portfolio, you might want to know more about the SSS PESO Fund. Like the Pag-ibig MP2 Savings, the SSS PESO Fund is a good investment option for beginners.
What is the SSS PESO Fund?
The SSS Personal Equity and Savings Option (PESO) Fund is a savings program offered by the Social Security System (SSS) to its members. Like the MP2 Savings, you invest your money or make contributions and let them earn interest within the 5-year period. The SSS PESO Fund, on the other hand, is focused on creating a retirement fund that only a portion of your savings can be withdrawn after 5 years. The rest will be claimed when you file your retirement.
- Voluntary, which means you can make contributions in a lump sum, monthly, or whenever you have extra money to save. You are not required to make a monthly contribution.
- Tax- free
- You can open a fund for as low as P1,000
- Higher interest rates than commercial banks
- Government-guaranteed savings
How to apply
- SSS branch near you and complete the SSS PESO Fund Enrollment Form
- Online: Make a My.SSS account first via My.SSS portal and complete the form.
How can I pay?
- Over-the-counter at any SSS branch
- Payment centers
- SM Business Centers
- Bayad Center
- SM Hypermarket
- ECPay outlets
- Partner banks:
- Bank of Commerce
- PNB Savings Bank
- Rural Bank of Lanuza
- Wealth Bank
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much can I earn?
The interest rates of the PESO Fund vary, mostly depending on Treasury Bond and T-Bill rates. Based on its annual trend, your savings could grow by 1.85% to 3.75% per year. If you compare it with the MP2 Fund, it’s a bit lower. However, SSS interest rates are still higher than commercial banks. SSS Peso Fund is a great option to add to your investment portfolio, especially if you already have an MP2.
Who can apply?
The fund is open to all employed, self-employed, voluntary, and Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) members of the SSS who have met the following qualifications:
- 55 years old and below
- Active regular SSS program member, meaning you have paid at least 6 consecutive contributions in the last 12 months
- Self-employed, volunteer or OFW members must have contributed the maximum amount based on the Maximum Salary Credit (MSC).
- No final claim for retirement, total disability, or death benefits has been made under the regular SSS program.
Can I withdraw before the 5-year maturity?
Yes, you can withdraw but you will be charged penalties and fees. Since it’s focused on building you a retirement fund, you can only withdraw 35% of your savings after 5 years. The rest of the 65% will be set aside when you file for retirement or a total disability claim.
For more details, you can read the SSS PESO Fund FAQs. If you can also check more investment options fit for your short-term or long-term goals.
- Viral Grilled Balut Stops Business After Seeing Other Balut Vendors Lose Customers - March 30, 2023
- What Is A Cloud Kitchen And How Can It Launch Your Food Business At A Lesser Cost - March 29, 2023
- Billy Crawford Says Coleen’s Budgeting Skills Helped Build Their Food Business, Casa Crawford - March 28, 2023