A lotto outlet is a lucrative business in the Philippines because a lot of Filipinos are fond of trying out their luck in winning it big in the lottery, considering that tickets are just a few pesos while they stand to win millions.
Because the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) also acts as a huge charity organization helping thousands of sick Filipinos pay their hospital bills or various medical needs, a lot of people enjoy buying the lottery tickets because not only are hoping for a chance to win big, they also get to help those in need.
So, if you are interested in a lotto outlet, here’s what you should do.
First, you have to scout for a good location. Aside from ensuring that the lotto outlet will have at least 2m x 2m of floor space, it must have one landline telephone facility and must be at least 50, away from other lotto outlets and, more importantly, should be at least 100m away from elementary and high schools.
Since lotto outlets often bring in good money, your application will only be approved if your proposed store faces the road or the main hallway/corridor. Standalone outlets must also be enclosed but those inside buildings with 24-hour security need not be enclosed.
Second, now that you have a possible lotto outlet location, make a sketch of this (include locations of schools and other lottery outlets, if applicable) to submit along with your application. It is also best if you take photos of the proposed location.
Third, secure a lease (notarized copy of the authority/certification from building owner) or proof of ownership (TCT or land title under your name).
Fourth, pass all these requirements to the PCSO Main Office for Metro Manila applicants and nearest PCSO Branch Office for outlets outside Manila, together with the following:
- Lotto application form
- Application fee of Php2,500
You also need to pass the following requirements:
For individual applicants:
- Any 2 valid IDs
- Three (3) latest ID pictures (2×2) of applicant and spouse, if applicable
- Birth certificate (of applicant)
- NBI clearance
- Barangay clearance (personal record)
- Proof of income: income tax return (ITR) and certificate of employment for employed individuals; ITR, registration of business (for existing businesses), and audited financial statements (if applicable) for self-employed individuals
For Corporate Applicants:
- Three (3) latest ID pictures (2×2) of authorized representative
- Secretary Certificate and/or Board Resolution duly authorizing person/s to transact with PCSO for purpose of the operating a lotto outlet
- Any two (2) valid IDs of representative
- Latest and original NBI clearance of representative
- Certified true copy of SEC registration, articles of incorporation, and by-laws
- Biodata of Officers and Directors
- Corporation’s Income Tax Return for the previous year
- The corporation’s latest audited financial statement
If your application is approved, you must pay the following to the main office’s Treasury Department or the branch office’s cashier within 30 days:
- Installation fee of Php10,000.00
- Cash Bond of Php300,000.00 or Surety Bond to cover the amount of Php700,000.00