Parents know that it is their primary role to prepare their children for a better life in the future. This is the reason why parents would do anything and everything to ensure that their children are educated, providing them with the best education they can afford.
These days, tutorial centers are becoming more and more popular as parents wish to ensure their kids do better in school and create a strong foundation of learning. And as you might have noticed, Kumon centers are also opening across many places in the country.
What is Kumon?
According to its website, Kumon is the world’s largest after-school learning program. It was created in 1954 by Toru Kumon, a secondary school Math instructor who wanted to help his son, Takeshi, develop the love for learning, particularly in Math.
The loving dad developed assignments for his son to complete after learning basic concepts. Soon, Takeshi was improving so much that he was solving calculus problems by sixth grade!
Impressed by Takeshi’s progress, his teachers and other parents took interest on his dad’s learning methods. This is how the Kumon method spread.
Today, there are more than 24,700 Kumon centers around the world, offering reading and math lessons. In the Philippines alone, there are over 200 centers spread out across the country.
How to Franchise Kumon?
Kumon requires franchisees to also be Kumon instructors; thus, they have specific requirements that you aren’t likely to find in other business franchise models.
- Filipino Citizen
- At least College graduate
- 25-45 years old
- Loves children
- Can commit full-time
Step 1. Attend an orientation; this is often held at the head office.
Step 2. Unlike other businesses, Kumon requires franchisees to pass tests (reading and math).
Step 3. After passing the tests, the applicant proceeds to the next process: interview.
Step 4. Submit business proposal details, including target location of proposed site.
Step 5. Once the proposal is approved, the applicant needs to attend the training program for new instructors.
Step 6. Set up the Kumon center.
Step 7. Pay the franchise fees.
- Franchise fee: Php60,480
- Total cost of investment: Php600,000 to Php800,000
For further information, contact Kumon via the following channels:
- Franchise Recruitment Division, 19th Floor, Philamlife Tower, 8767 Paseo de Roxas Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Telephone: (02) 885-0226 (press 2 for franchise)
- Mobile Number: 0917-629-9760
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: http://ph.kumonglobal.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/kumonphilippinesofficial
- Guide to Registering Your SIM Card (It’s for Free!) - December 15, 2022
- Siblings Find Luck, Earn Six Figures Selling Corndogs (after Numerous Failed Businesses) - December 12, 2022
- Salon Owner Shares Inspiring Rags-to-Riches Story in House Photos - December 11, 2022