Did you know that you could become a multi-millionaire from selling homemade peanut butter? In fact, a businesswoman from Leyte now earns P5 million a month from selling her own brand of peanut butter.
Peanut butter is a popular spread for sandwiches and is commonly sold in bakeries, groceries, supermarkets and even food gift stores. Many commercial brands are available in the market but most of these brands started out as a home-based business.
That’s right! You can start a peanut butter business at the comfort of your home.
Here’s a simple recipe you can follow:
- 1 kg peeled unroasted peanuts
- 1 cup honey or 2 cups refined sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Procedure for Smooth Peanut Butter:
- Roast peanuts on a pan. Remember to set it at low heat as high heat can burn the outer layer of the nuts fast.
- Stir the peanuts constantly for even roasting. The process may take about 15 to 2 minutes.
- After roasting, allow the peanuts to cool.
- Pour the mixture in a food processor and process the peanuts until the the texture of the mixture becomes smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, you may have your peanuts ground at the market.
- Put the fine crushed peanuts in a mixing bowl. Add oil then mix continuously.
- Add honey or sugar to taste. You may also add a teaspoon of salt.
- You may need to add more oil to achieve desired sticky consistency.
- Store your peanut butter in a sealed container and place it in the refrigerator. Store for 2 weeks.
Additional Procedure for Chunky Peanut Butter:
- Set aside 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts.
- Add the roasted peanuts to the peanuts that you’ve processed in the food processor.
- To come up with chunks, process the mixture for a few more seconds.
- Repeat the same procedure for smooth peanut butter.
- How to Be a Reseller of Professional Skin Care Formula (PSCF) by Dr. Alvin - September 21, 2017
- SUCCESS STORY OF EHJE’S PEANUT BUTTER: Instinct Pushes Pinay Entrepreneur to Turn Peanuts to Riches - September 20, 2017
- 10-Year-Old Boy Sells Cottage Cheese to Support His Family - September 18, 2017