Considered as a well-loved snack in all parts of the Philippines, chicharon or pork cracklings can be purchased anywhere, from large supermarkets to street vendors.
It is prepared by deep-frying dried pork rind with a little salt and is usually dipped in vinegar spiced with crushed garlic, fish sauce, salt and freshly ground pepper.
There are other variants of chicharon like chicken, beef and fish but pork proves to be the most popular variant as it is usually eaten as an appetizer, finger food while drinking alcoholic beverages or used as a topping on noodle or vegetable dishes.
If you plan to start a pork chicharon home-based food business, here’s an easy recipe you can use.
Ingredients for Pork Chicharon
- 1 kilo of pork skin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- MSG and pepper
Procedure for Pork Chicharon
- Prepare a solution made of water, salt, vinegar, MSG and pepper.
- Boil the pork skin in the prepared solution until tender. This will take about 40-50 minutes. Make sure that it is fully submerged in the simmering liquid as they have a tendency to float on the surface.
- Cool and remove the fat portion after boiling.
- Cut the pork using scissors into preferred sizes. It is ideally cut in 1.5 inch squares.
- Sun-dry until it is firm. You may also opt to bake it at 200°F for 1 to 1.5 hour or until the rinds are thoroughly dry. Allow it to cool down.
- Deep-fry the pork at about 188C then strain.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper right after you take them out of the oil .
- You may now pack the pork rinds in plastic bags.
Procedure for Pork Chicharon Dipping Sauce
- Mix 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 3 cloves crushed garlic.
- Add fish sauce or salt as well as freshly ground pepper to taste.
Latest posts by Mini (see all)
- How to Be a Reseller of Professional Skin Care Formula (PSCF) by Dr. Alvin - September 21, 2017
- SUCCESS STORY OF EHJE’S PEANUT BUTTER: Instinct Pushes Pinay Entrepreneur to Turn Peanuts to Riches - September 20, 2017
- 10-Year-Old Boy Sells Cottage Cheese to Support His Family - September 18, 2017