Bibingka is a favorite native delicacy in the Philippines. But there’s a cuter, delicious version of this popular delicacy: bibingkinitan which literally means ‘little bibingka’ or ‘mini bibingka’.
And while this food item might be more readily available in local public markets, you can also find this delicacy in malls and food courts – that’s thanks to Bibingkinitan, the food brand now under FoodAsia Corporation.
It was in 2004 when Richard Sanz left his job at a multinational firm to set up a small beverage stall in Alabang Town Center. The business was a success but the young entrepreneur dreams of growing the venture into something more than a beverage stall.
With suggestions from his family, Richard thought about selling their favorite rice cake, bibingka. Rebranding the popular delicacy, coming up with bite-sized versions, and adding options for different toppings and flavors would make Bibingkinitan a popular hangout even in high-class malls.
The regular bibingkinitan flavor features salted egg and cheddar cheese as toppings, but customers at Bibingkinitan can enjoy lots of options – and can even try all the flavors!
Available Bibingkinitan options:
- CheeseMax (filled with cheese)
- Fruity rice cakes (banana, mango and buko)
- Overload (more toppings)
After officially opening in 2006, Bibingkinitan later opened its doors to franchising. The company currently has more than 200 franchise outlets in the Philippines plus 2 branches in Dubai.
All set na ang pasalubong mo for the weekend! Take home a box of LOVE from #Bibingkinitan!…..Get a chance to win 1000php worth of GC! Just snap a creative photo of your Bibingka then post your best photo on FB or IG with the CHEESIEST HUGOT LINE and hashtag: #BMyValentine.Full mechanics here: http://bit.ly/BMyValentineBibingkinitan
Posted by Bibingkinitan Mini-Bibingka on Friday, February 15, 2019
How to Franchise Bibingkinitan?
There are three franchise options for applicants to choose from:
- Food Cart – Php570,000; 4-5 sqm space requirement
- Kiosk – Php695,000; 20-30 sqm space requirement
- Kiosk with seating – Php845,000; 20-30 sqm space requirement
Photo credit: Bibingkinitan Mini-Bibingka / Facebook
The franchise package includes:
- Initial inventory
- Operations manual
- Site and evaluation support, on-site training, crew uniforms, store opening assistance, and ongoing marketing and operations assistance.
- Store setup complete with equipment and signages
- Use of trademark and logo
The standard franchise term is 3 years, with option to renew the franchise contract for Php50,000.
Franchisees have to pay a royalty fee of 2% of gross sales on top of the franchise fees. There’s an option to pay for an exclusive territory franchise, but fees vary depending on location.
Photo credit: Pinoy Money Talk
Bibingkinitan may also be franchised in another country. The international franchise fee is $10,000 for a single-unit franchise and $120,000 for a master franchise.
To franchise Bibingkinitan, message the following channels for more information:
- Head office: 12th Floor Asian Star Building, Asean Drive, Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Philippines
- Telephone: (02) 8-464 646
- Website: foodasia-group.com
- Bibingkinitan Facebook page: facebook.com/Bibingkinitan-Mini-Bibingka-53487536456/
- Food Asia Facebook page: facebook.com/foodasiagroup/