Filipinos love to eat and throw a party – for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, fiestas, and just about any occasion we can think of.
This happy-go-lucky attitude is already part of our culture. It seems that a special occasion is never complete without some form of celebration – and it is always best if there’s lechon on the table!
This love for food could be your ticket to a great business option: catering business. But there are a lot of things to consider here; thus, you might want to take up lessons to improve your business and marketing skills. It is also a great idea to have a feasibility study done on your business before you even start buying stuff.
After securing the necessary permits from the government, here’s what you should do to start a catering business:
- Find people who can cook delicious meals for your clients. This step is very important because the success of your catering business often depends on the food you serve.
- Find staff to wait on guests or help serve the food and clear tables afterwards. Train them, if possible.
- Order uniforms for your staff, especially those who will be helping out at the event.
- Buy all the necessary tableware, including spoons, forks, butter knives, water goblets, wine glasses, etc.
- Buy items you need in the kitchen, such as a gas stove, oven, pots and pans, and others.
- Buy tables, chairs, and linens.
- Buy stock pots, chafing dishes, and other tools needed for serving food.
- You will also need a vehicle to transport the food and your staff to the client’s preferred venue.
- Create menu options for your clients to choose from – but make sure your cooks/chefs know how to prepare these foods. Better yet, have your cooks write down the dishes they known how to prepare.
- Advertise your catering business and find ways to attract clients.
- When you finally have clients, make sure to always do your best. Remember that word-of-mouth advertising is a great way to gain new clients but one big mistake and you’ll be all over social media.
- Incredible Travel Innovations That Will Change The Way We Travel Forever - November 18, 2022
- Should You Try Forex Trading? - November 16, 2022
- Bangus Businessman Bags Asia CEO Entrepreneur of the Year Award - October 18, 2022