This coming holiday season, give your noche buena or media noche spread a different twist by adding lechon pork belly. Unlike the traditional pork lechon, lechon pork belly is cooked using the oven instead of roasting it over a bed of hot charcoal.
Aside giving your family a sumptuous treat, you can also sell lechon pork belly to your relatives, friends and co-workers this holiday season for extra income.
Here’s a simple foolproof recipe according to Panlasang Pinoy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours
1 slab of deboned pork belly
3 stalks of lemograss leaves
3 pieces scallions
1 small red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh milk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
- Lay the pork belly on a flat surface making sure that the skin is facing down.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the meat part and allow it to stand for 15 minutes.
- Put lemongrass, onion slices, and scallions on meat side of the belly. Roll the side where there is lemongrass all the way to the opposite to form a spiral shape.
- Using a kitchen twine, tie and secure the rolled pork belly.
- Rub the oil all over the skin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put the pork belly in a roasting pan and roast for 2 hours.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven and brush with fresh milk.
- Place it back in the oven and roast for 30 minutes or until the skin is brown and crispy.
- After removing from oven. allow it to cool down for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: This serves 8.
- How to Be a Reseller of Professional Skin Care Formula (PSCF) by Dr. Alvin - September 21, 2017
- SUCCESS STORY OF EHJE’S PEANUT BUTTER: Instinct Pushes Pinay Entrepreneur to Turn Peanuts to Riches - September 20, 2017
- 10-Year-Old Boy Sells Cottage Cheese to Support His Family - September 18, 2017