Amid the lockdown in Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon, millions of affected people are worried about their jobs and how they can feed their families in the 1 month that the order is in place. Even as Pres. Rodrigo Duterte encouraged businesses and companies to give their workers’ prorated 13th month pay earlier than schedule, only so few were able to do that.
Many netizens were also questioning the government what plans it has for its own workers. But Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto is setting the bar higher as he announced that all Pasig City Hall employees, from contractual to regular, will receive their full salary amid the lockdown.
“Wag kayong mag-alala, tuloy-tuloy kayong makakatanggap ng buong sweldo — kahit yung mga Job Order na ‘no work no pay.’ Gagawan natin ng paraan. Basta, mag-ingat, at hangga’t maaari sa bahay lang muna kayo,” Mayor Vico announced.
“Sa mga empleyado namang nasa Frontlines, meron kayong hazard pay, OT, at iba pang benepisyong maaasahan.”
Mayor Vico announced that under Executive Order No. PCG-15, the following office will remain in full operation:
- Action Line
- CDRRMO, RED
- City Health Office
- City Veterinary Service Office, PACU
- DSWD, DayCare
- Kabataan Patrol
- Market Administration
- Solid Waste
- Youth Home
These offices will remain in operation, but with skeletal workforce:
- Office of the City Mayor
- Accounting Office
- Budget Office
- Building Maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance
- GSO-Building Utility, Central Supply
- Office of the City Administrator
- Public Information Office
- Records Management Office
- Ugnayan sa Pasig
Meanwhile, these offices will have to adopt a remote work arrangement:
- All satellite offices of BPLO and RPT
- Building Official
- City Perks
- Civil Registry
- Cooperative Development Office
- Pasig Sports Center
- Tanghalang Pasigueno
The offices may devise their process to report their accomplishments during the quarantine period.
Meanwhile, the Office of the Vice Mayor and other legislative offices are allowed to devise their own alternative work arrangements.
- Teresita Sy-Coson: From ‘Shoe Seller’ at 8 to One of Asia’s Richest Billionaires - September 14, 2023
- Jose Mari Chan Isn’t Just a Singer, He’s Also a Successful Businessman - September 3, 2023
- Businessman Rendon Labador’s TikTok Account Permanently Deleted, Gets Mixed Reactions - August 31, 2023